According to Dr. Joseph Murphy, when we control our thought processes, we can apply the power of our subconscious to any problem. In other words, it's the world within that makes our world without.
This is profound book with lots of lifelong lessons about yourself , the bible and society but I am going to just focus in the lessons for Sales. Sometimes these books sound "cheese self-help recipes" but you need to be open to the music , the general idea
The objective of this book is to show how a realignment of your thought patterns can lead to significant benefit. It contains many examples of where the technique has been used to advantage. We can identify a methodology that applies even in today’s rapidly changing world.
He argues that whatever we “tell” our subconscious mind it believes: I’m going to succeed. I’m going to be wealthy. I’m going to fail! The law of our mind is the law of belief.
WHY IT MATTERS to Sales -
According to Dr. Murphy, when we begin to control our thought processes, we can apply the powers of our subconscious to any problem or difficulty. In other words, it’s the world within (our thoughts, feelings, and imagery) that makes our world without.
In Sales almost everything that makes a customer become a customer happens within you. Is your persistence, endurance and resistance to failure and the many "NO" that ultimately bring the customer
But we can also use in order to solve problems, challenges or plan our strategies.
He makes the point for Relaxation( mindfulness) and visualisation to do so ( see below how ). His advise goes very much in line with so many other studies that proofs that our brain re-order thoughts at night or in relax moments - like the anecdotal evidence of Newton´s relativity theory forming when he was napping under an apple tree
According to Dr. Murphy, to remove discord, confusion, and limitation, you must remove the cause, and the cause is the way you are using your conscious mind. When our conscious mind is full of fear, worry, and anxiety, the negative emotions in our subconscious mind flood our conscious mind with a sense of panic, foreboding and despair.
- There are two levels of our mind — the conscious or rational level, and the subconscious or irrational level. We think with our conscious mind, and whatever we think seeps down into our subconscious mind and creates the underlying bias. Our subconscious mind is the seat of our emotions and is the creative mind. If we think good, then good will follow; if we think evil, then evil will follow. The main point to remember is once the subconscious mind accepts an idea, it starts to make it happen.
- Our conscious mind is the reasoning mind
- Our subjective mind perceives by intuition. In its negative form it is one of the most destructive strategies in existence. “You can’t.” “You’ll never amount to anything.” “You mustn’t.” “You’ll fail.” “You haven’t got a chance.”
How to get the subconscious to work for us
The first thing we need to realize is that our subconscious mind is always working. It is active night and day, whether we act upon it or not. To access it, we need to change the patterns of our conscious mind. We need to train it to continually feed its subconscious partner with positive thoughts and visions, those ideals we wish to achieve. The targets we want to reach
- He makes a strong case for relaxation - or nowadays - mindfullnes and meditation. He tells us not to be concerned with details and means, but to focus rather on the end result. He suggests we get the “feeling” of the solution we desire and with faith that it will come true, let our subconscious fill in the detail.he best time to do this? Prior to sleep. In this state, our negative thoughts, the Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt, which tend to neutralize our commitment, no longer present themselves.
- We can use Visualization to seed our subconscious mind prior to sleep in 3 steps;
- The first step: Get still; quiet the wheels of the mind. Enter into a sleepy, drowsy state. In this relaxed, peaceful, receptive state, we establish focus. We need to quiet the mind and still the body.
- The second step: Turn thoughts to the solution to our problem. Try to solve the problem with the conscious mind. Think how happy we would be about the perfect solution. Sense the feeling we would have if the perfect answer were ours now. Let our mind play with this mood in a relaxed way. Take a brief phrase defining success and repeat it over and over like a mantra.
- The third step: Just before going to sleep, practice what Johann von Goethe, the German author, used to do. Imagine a friend, a loved one in front of us. Our eyes are closed, we are relaxed and at peace. The loved one or friend is subjectively present, and is saying “Congratulations!” We see the smile; we hear the voice. It’s all real and vivid. We have what we desired. We have achieved our goal.
Is a good book to build you "base" about psychology and could actually help you. recommended